cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry link

FutureFriendly
Helpful Neighbour

Ok IL be straight forward, I have no idea how to use this new BlackBerry link software Smiley Mad can someone explain some basics for me? I can not even seem to find my device

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AskBedo
Organizer

Hey FutureFriendly,

BlackBerry Link is quite different from BlackBerry Desktop Manager so I completely understand the confusion!

If you are looking for instructions to set up your new BlackBerry 10 device and your old device was an older BlackBerry then please do the following:

1. On your computer, open BlackBerry Link.
  2. Connect your old device to your computer using a USB cable.
  3. If required, type the password for your device. Click OK.
  4. Do one of the following:
    • If you switch from a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry Device Software, click Transfer DataBlackBerry Link backs up all of your device data.
    • If you switch from a device running BlackBerry 10 OS, at the bottom of the screen, click the More icon Switch Devices. Click the picture of your device when it appears. If required, type the password for your device. Click OK.
  5. If you switch from a device running BlackBerry 10 OS, do one of the following:
    • To transfer all of your existing device data to your new device, click Transfer all supported data. Click Next.BlackBerry Link backs up all of your device data.
    • To transfer only certain data to your new device, click Select data to transfer. Clear the checkbox beside the data that you don't want to transfer to your new device. Click NextBlackBerry Link backs up your device data.
  6. At the prompt, connect your new device to your computer using a USB cable and click the picture of your new device. Click Next.
  7. If required, type the password for your device. Click OK.
  8. Type a display name for your new device.
  9. Do any of the following:
    • If you don't want to automatically sync new media files between your device and your computer, clear the Sync new music, pictures, videos, and documents over Wi-Fi and USB connections checkbox.
  10. Click Next.
    Your device data is transfered to your new device.
  11. Click Finish.

If you need more instructions then this link could be extremely useful: http://ca.blackberry.com/support/apps/blackberry-link/overview.html

Also, if you are more visual like I am then I think you will greatly appreciate their own video tutorial on how to use BlackBerry Link: http://demos.blackberry.com/blackberry-z10/na/us/gen/how-to/blackberry-link/connect-to-computer/blac...

I am sure you will enjoy your new phone once you have finished the whole setup using Link 🙂

Enjoy!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

AskBedo
Organizer

Hey FutureFriendly,

BlackBerry Link is quite different from BlackBerry Desktop Manager so I completely understand the confusion!

If you are looking for instructions to set up your new BlackBerry 10 device and your old device was an older BlackBerry then please do the following:

1. On your computer, open BlackBerry Link.
  2. Connect your old device to your computer using a USB cable.
  3. If required, type the password for your device. Click OK.
  4. Do one of the following:
    • If you switch from a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry Device Software, click Transfer DataBlackBerry Link backs up all of your device data.
    • If you switch from a device running BlackBerry 10 OS, at the bottom of the screen, click the More icon Switch Devices. Click the picture of your device when it appears. If required, type the password for your device. Click OK.
  5. If you switch from a device running BlackBerry 10 OS, do one of the following:
    • To transfer all of your existing device data to your new device, click Transfer all supported data. Click Next.BlackBerry Link backs up all of your device data.
    • To transfer only certain data to your new device, click Select data to transfer. Clear the checkbox beside the data that you don't want to transfer to your new device. Click NextBlackBerry Link backs up your device data.
  6. At the prompt, connect your new device to your computer using a USB cable and click the picture of your new device. Click Next.
  7. If required, type the password for your device. Click OK.
  8. Type a display name for your new device.
  9. Do any of the following:
    • If you don't want to automatically sync new media files between your device and your computer, clear the Sync new music, pictures, videos, and documents over Wi-Fi and USB connections checkbox.
  10. Click Next.
    Your device data is transfered to your new device.
  11. Click Finish.

If you need more instructions then this link could be extremely useful: http://ca.blackberry.com/support/apps/blackberry-link/overview.html

Also, if you are more visual like I am then I think you will greatly appreciate their own video tutorial on how to use BlackBerry Link: http://demos.blackberry.com/blackberry-z10/na/us/gen/how-to/blackberry-link/connect-to-computer/blac...

I am sure you will enjoy your new phone once you have finished the whole setup using Link 🙂

Enjoy!