cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am begging you, please fix the On Demand pause feature

Shelley99
Organizer

I posted this, probably a year or more ago. Your response was “thank you for bringing this to our attention, we’ll take a look at that”.  It’s still just as bad, unchanged. Here’s what happens.

I find - for example - a Crave show in On Demand. I watch 4 complete episodes, and I pause the show half way through E5 because the doorbell rings. I get hung up on the doorbell visit for 10 minutes, and when I return to finish watching the show, it has now defaulted from the actual episode, to a screen that shows  the icon of the show, indicating E3, with a button indicating “watch”. So - because it doesn’t show “resume” - I’ve become wary enough, over these past couple of years, to realize that this is NOT the episode I was in the middle of watching.

So then, not remembering the number of the exact episode I was watching, I go into “My History” to quickly find that episode I was half way through (should be the most recent in this list, right?) I see E3, E2, E1 - but….NO E4 or E5. So I think, was it E3 I was watching - the last one listed here? I click on E3….and guess what? I’ve seen it. So I assume I was on E4, and I FF through E3 to get to E4. And guess what? I’ve seen E4 already. So I FF through E4 to get to E5. When I get to E5 - WOW. It’s already showing E5 is watched half way through and so it starts at that point (which is fine).

The time and energy spent fiddling around, clicking on episodes, and fast-forwarding is ridiculous. What I do now is wrote down every time I change to a new episode and I keep track manually with pen and paper. Which is even more ridiculous - don’t you think? 

Guys, it’s 2024, not 1984…..surely we can simply pause a show and then have it default to the correct episode with a “resume” button displayed. Why the watched E4 and E5 don’t populate the “My History” is yet another question. This is honestly driving me crazy, in a world of tech, we can;t paise our show without major implications.

Please, please, please fix this - it’s been bad - for YEARS and it’s infuriating. If I could offer a cash reward to fix this, I would.

Thank you so much, I have my fingers crossed for this go round of the same old issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is solid feedback, and I appreciate both your info and your patience. I'll definitely pass this along to our Optik development team right now so they can look into improving the service.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is solid feedback, and I appreciate both your info and your patience. I'll definitely pass this along to our Optik development team right now so they can look into improving the service.

My Telus is constantly dropping recordings, I can't pause or fast forward or rewind. What is the problem? I pay my bills and get bad service.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you attempted rebooting your equipment or speaking with our Tech Support team about this?

Oh my gosh. If you didn’t get the impression from my story that I have gone through basic trouble shooting many, many times, often with Telus techs, then I wasn’t clear enough and I apologize for that. Calling Telus support was my first, second, third, fourth etc "go to"…..before I published. Again, my apoliges, perhaps I wasn’t clear.

I talked with someone approx 2 weeks ago and did reboot. It happens over and over. I'm done with Telus.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear that. Let me know if there's anything else you'd ever like to discuss and I'll be here.

Thanks so much!

Shelley

Sent from my iPad

Thank you so much. Today another wrinkle. We watched 2 episodes of Regime on demand 2 or 3 days ago. Today we went to watch another episode. The last episode watched showing in My History showed as E2, and when I clicked in it - it showed “resume”. In the past, these “bogus incorrectly displayed” episodes show a button with “watch” as noted in my original narrative above - which has then been my clue that they are inaccurate and to go find the correct episode.  So, with the “resume” button displayed, thinking it was ok, I pressed “resume” and the episode started from the beginning!! and after a minute or two, we realized we had seen it, and FF’d through the entire episode to get to E3 which is the next episode we needed to watch. Honestly, the fact that in 2024 with all this technology we have, it is so frustrating, quite infuriating actually, that you can’t even pause a show and it never restarts on the correct episode, or alternatively, it never starts at the point you paused it but rather restarts the entire episode. Pretty ludicrous, sorry. I’ve grown up with computers, I was one of the original operators when our company embraced computers, and what I see is that the tech was much better in 80’s and 90’s. Straight forward, easy to use, did what it was supposed to do. And that…..was 40 years ago! My, how far we’ve come!