cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code player P210

SL2323
Friendly Neighbour

Has anyone encountered "Error_code_player_P210" in Optik TV channels?

This error code presents itself only before 9:30am and for channels 127, 131, 133, 135, 137, and 143.  These are mainly major American network channels out of Seattle.

The oddity is that after 9:30am, the channels work.

I have talked to technical support (4x) indicating that this has to be a software bug because it is time stamped.  They have said they have talked to the "back office" and that it should be resolved.  Nope.  Rebooting the router and modem and digital player box do not do anything.  I have done this many times.  The error code still shows.

Any insight to this would be helpful.

11 REPLIES 11

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's definitely an odd error. Do you have our newest Optik PVR equipment or have you been a customer for a while now? @Optik-Kate is this something you're aware of by chance?

SL2323
Friendly Neighbour

Just signed on less than a month ago.  I have the newest Optik TV equipment (I believe).  Not aware of @Optik-Kate.  

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Optik-Kate is our resident Optik TV guru! Hopefully she'll be able to provide context now that we know the specific equipment you have, and may be able to get this off to the dev team to look in to!

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hello, thanks for flagging! This error is normally resolved with rebooting the STB (Power off STB, unplug power source, replug in after a min). We've also seen this error occur when users are rapidly changing channels. @SL2323 , not sure if that might help?

We also have a firmware update coming soon to try to address this error in general. I will update this thread once that update is released! Thank you for your patience while we work on developing a fix for this error. 

SL2323
Friendly Neighbour

Hello @Optik-Kate, Yes, power off and and on does resolve the issue though not 100% of the time.  Sometimes the error does occur on other channels but is resolved switching to another channel then switching back.  For the channels citied on this ticket, the error does not resolve itself when channels are changed and then switching back to the channels at issues.

I guess the only thing at this time is to wait until the firmware is updated.  Hopefully this is soon so the P210 error is resolved.

Hi @SL2323 , I was wondering if you might have any bluetooth audio equipment paired to the TTV+ Digital box? That may sometimes generate P210 errors as well. 

SL2323
Friendly Neighbour
Hello @Optik-Kate,

Congratulations! Your troubleshooting has isolated the cause of the problem - "Sorry an error has occurred. Please try again. ERR_PLAYER_P210."

I do use a Bluetooth headset in the morning. This morning I unpaired them. And voila, the affected channels came on screen. I then went back and paired them to the box. The result, the error code came back to all the affected channels and not viewable.

So the issue shows itself when a Bluetooth headset is connected in the morning. The odd thing is that when the headset us connected after 9:30am the issue does not show itself. The channels do work with the Bluetooth headset.

At least now, your team can focus in why Bluetooth headsets promote the P210 error code.

Will be interested to hear back from you if the issue is resolved.

SL2323
Friendly Neighbour
Hello @Optik-Kate,

Further troubleshooting points to the headphone bluetooth connection. I have verified that when the bluetooth headphones are paired with the Optik TV digital box, ERR_PLAYER P210 is created for channels 127, 131, 133, 135, 137, 143. This happens ALL the time. When the bluetooth headphones are unpaired from the digital box, the issue resolves itself.

So the issue is….Why does the bluetooth headphone connection impede the transmission of the channels listed?

Hi @SL2323 Thanks for investigating further! We suspect it has something to do with the fact that some of these channels have surround audio track (AC3), which I think can explain the timestamped error. If specific content on a certain channel uses AC3, it will result in playback failure when bluetooth audio is connected.

SL2323
Friendly Neighbour
Hi @Optik-Kate,

You perhaps have identified the issue.

I turned off surround sound on the Optik-TV box. Connected the bluetooth headphones. The result - the channels worked!

Tomorrow I will connect with the bluetooth headphones before 9am to confirm the issue is as you have identified.

Will report back then.

Kitsune
Friendly Neighbour
I'm having the same issues as a new customer. We're going to ask to get their old 4k box bc the new one is clearly not tested properly.

This new box is RIDDLED with issues from day 1, just SOME of the issues we've encountered:

- It consistency has corrupted recordings that were fine an hour before but I walk away to say have dinner and come back and they have error msgs..

- it's deleted ALL of our saved recordings twice

- you can't record something more than once per day and you can't extend recordings for example we mainly record sports so for Rian delays, OT, etc

- it has stuttering issues that aren't fixed on restart

- you can't save recordings longer than the default 45 days

- you can't record the same show on more than 1 channel

- You have to manually go thru the guide and find what you want to record and the guide takes forever to load and just says "info unavailable" for like 20-30secs

- The search function is just broken it only shows a few options and when you try "view all" it shows completely random content (example you search boxing and randomly it'll show Thomas the train, Dora the explorer, Disney Channel kids stuff, etc)

And now to top it all off, it's completely broken. Started not being able to play anything in Netflix, now it can't play live tv or recordings. Error Code: ERR_PLAYER_P210