cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some messages not going through

Shane
Leader

Greetings,

I found out (by accident) that my friend wasn't receiving some text messages, and sometimes they will receive a single message twice.

I tested it by trying to send this message from Google Messages to my other device, which is using Samsung Messages:

<Link removed by Mod for safety reasons>

My first step is find out where the problem is: my sending device, Telus Mobility, or the receiving device. Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks,
Shane.

6 REPLIES 6

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

A few thoughts:

- Is your friend experiencing this with messages from anyone else?

- On your end, have others reported the same thing with messages from you?

- On your device, have you set a default messenger app?

@dru wrote:

A few thoughts:

- Is your friend experiencing this with messages from anyone else?

I'm not sure.

- On your end, have others reported the same thing with messages from you?

No. I actually found out by accident.

- On your device, have you set a default messenger app?

No. The factory default for the BlackBerry Key2 is Google Messages. I haven't changed it.

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you had issues with coverage lately? Also, has any other contact described similar issues with you?

Coverage is bad. I live in Langford (part of Greater Victoria). Signal strength is limited to one bar. No other contact has had similar issues, but I can reproduce the issue. It seems that if there is a link in the message, the entire message gets deleted. So the problem seems to be with Telus and not my device.

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Is your contact also with TELUS? I would suggest both users to log a ticket with technical support so that the issue can be traced. 

Typically  outbound messages don't get stripped of content in the event of filtering; it's removed or blocked at the receiving end. 

Shane
Leader

Sorry for the delay.

Everyone is on the Telus network.

Telus finally responded and said that that URL is being block for spam reasons.