cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VACATION MODE

Nancy1
Just Moved In

How do I set my internet/optik tv on vacation mode?

10 REPLIES 10

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Only by contacting Telus directly. I suggest phone or Chat as described in the Contact Us section at the bottom of the page.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Bibs
Just Moved In

Vacation mode

my home service address is **Address Removed for Security Reasons **

I CALLED October 11/16 AND REQUESTED VACATTION MODE for my home service. I was leaving October 26/16 and Returning Jan5/17.

Well I have a bill of $4-500.00 for TV W5. I have called numerous times and continue to get run around. placed on hold and left there for half hour at times. Or transferred and call is ended at your end after 10-20minutes. I don't know if my messages r getting through. I am not paying my home service. In October 11/16 I sent $300.00 and Nov 11/16 sent another $300.00. Plus I have sent you and another department my Tax exemption documentation and you refuse to do as the law authorizes. I am exempt from GST & PST. My time, energy, paitions, and money is causing way too much anxiety. My name is Barbara Hill.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Bibs

This Neighbourhood is inhabited by customers, just like you. We have no insight to Telus business plans, and no connection to the internal workings of Telus. We volunteer to share knowledge about Telus products and services which we have gained by experience or surmise.  It may be faster to connect with Telus staff more directly through a phone call, chat, Facebook or Twitter, as described in the Contact Us section at the bottom of the page.

I suggest you use the CHAT feature to address your account inquiry, as the folks here are not able to access your account.

Also, you may want to remove your personal information from the previous post, as this is a public forum. You can edit your post by using the down arrow in the upper right corner of your post.

NFtoBC

Hi Bibs, it would be best to reach out to the Home Services department via chat from a computer at www.telus.com/chat or call 1-888-811-2323 so that they can look further into that for you.

Lindsay7
Just Moved In
Vacation mode

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Lindsay7

Have you a question?

There is information about Vacation suspension in the Articles segment of the Neighbourhood.

NFtoBC

I have been a customer with BCtel/Telus since 1972 also an employee for 30 years retired at 65 in 2001.Several times recently I have been having to stay in UK due to my sister having advanced Parkinson's and my being her only relative.

Until this year all my services were restored when reconnected from Vacation  Hold. While still in UK I find looking on the web I only have 'Essentials ' for TV and cannot see my home phone account.I talked with' Chat' and found out that I lost all my services which were on the old plan that were cheaper,

Nobody told me about this before I put my Account on Vacation Hold.

I  e-mailed the Presidents office and a manager they have assured me that when I return they will restore my services as they were before I left.

Did ask why loyal customer had this happen to them because they went on Vacation Hold.That was never answered.

In the e-mail correspondence I never got one apology from Telus for this experience.

I am still waiting for a reply to this question.

Why do clients of Telus loose their negotiated plans because they go on 'Vacation Hold'?

Also nobody informed myself about this.I just found up by looking on the web and seeing I only had Essentials in my TV package.

One cannot see details of home phone package on the web.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

To my knowledge, using vacation suspension requires you to select from current services on your return. At least it does for Mobility.  My parents drop the landline cable and internet from their summer home each fall, and have it reconnected each spring. So far they have been fortunate and retained the same number on renewal, but their package and plan are whatever is available.

The current vacation suspension plan appears to prevent cancellation charges, allow retention of gifts, keep telephone numbers attached to your account for your return, and keep your email address active.

NFtoBC

I am again away on Vacation Hold again. Told Telus well in advance of the billing period.What did Telus do?Charged the full price on the first VH hold.

In the past I had just paid the full amount  and my vacation hold  in the perusing   months they would take the funds from in credit money they had of mine. This year the same thing happened  but instead   of paying back the full amount  I just paid  the vacation hold amount it states I owe the difference but I do not. .