Android Marshmallow Update

[ Edited ]
Neighbour

What about the Moto X 2014? Motorola says the device for carrier TELUS will receive Android M.

See here: https://motorola-global-portal-en-ca.custhelp.com/app/software-upgrade-news/g_id/1975

Re: Software Update Schedule

Coach

Last updated 6 months ago!  Can you at LEAST keep this more updated,  maybe a possible date on the Galaxy S6 and Edge getting Android M? 

Android Marshmallow Update

[ Edited ]
Neighbour

I have a TELUS Moto X 2014. On Nov 27, 2015, I bought a Nexus 5X after this post said nothing about the Moto X 2014 receiving Android M. Around Dec 12, I set up my Nexus 5X and turned off my Moto X. On Dec 22, I turned on the Moto X to get it ready to give to my girlfriend. It was only on Wi-Fi as I had put my SIM in my Nexus 5X. Once it booted up, BANG, there was a system update notification for Android 6.01, so I installed it. So, although this post does not mention that the TELUS Moto X 2014 was to receive Android M, it is now installed on my TELUS Moto X 2014. I should note that it is NOT rooted, however, I did unlock it using an unlock code from CellUnlocker. Also, at the time it received the OTA update, I was not on the TELUS network - just Wi-Fi.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager Community Manager

Hey @mhinc, I believe what you are commenting on is the original posting date. Fret not, as we do update this page every week. The latest update was yesterday. Once we have more info, we will definitely post it here. 8-)

@group7access Nothing on the roadmap yet for the Moto X (2014). Once we receive the software build from the OEM, we will add it to the list. For more information on how software updates are rolled out, visit our software update lifecycle article. 

Neighbour

According to this post my David Schuster, Senior Director, SW Product Management, Motorola Mobility, it looks like my device may have been part of a soak test: https://plus.google.com/+DavidSchuster/posts/E3Gx44hqfot

Coach

@A_Kron So, knowing that it would be approx.  Have you heard any word on at least a month or even a quarter, that Android M will be released by Telus for the Galaxy S6/ and Edge?

When will Android 6.0 be released for Samsung S6?

Friendly Neighbour

It has been available for a long time from Samsung and released for some devices by Telus already.

Re: When will Android 6.0 be released for Samsung S6?

Community Power User Community Power User

The update schedule is posted  here and updated regularly (so don't be fooled by the original post date).

Nothing for the S6 listed for January.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

Re: When will Android 6.0 be released for Samsung S6?

Community Power User Community Power User

Last I saw online is that Samsung plans to have 6.0 out in the first quarter of this year depending on the device and if they are operating like usual, they will be behind schedule.

Resident

Well its Jan14,no update for marshmallow moto g3rd gen.First they said Dec 20-then Jan 11-Then Jan 14.What gives,tired of this date change waiting game.When will we get the update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Connector

Is there any reason that this got moved to the Neighbourhood and off of the main TELUS website?

Also, I'm really happy the G4 has a scheduled update day!

[ Edited ]

Hey @scowlingatmonday, there definitely seems to be a lot of excitement about the G4 update. Smiley Happy

We moved it to the Neighbourhood bevause it allows us to update the schedule in real-time and have a conversation about the updates. Good, bad or ugly - we want to hear what you think. 8-)

@Gord1  the update did start rolling out yesterday. As with all updates, they are gradual and rolled out over several days. Fret not, you should recieve it soon! 

Resident
Thanks,for the info....

Coach

I can't believe that Samsung's FLAGSHIP phones Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge haven't made the list yet.  How much longer does the testing have to go on?

Neighbour

Is this the same schedule as koodo?

Neighbour

Did the 6.0 update roll out for the HTC One M8 yet?

Connector

@Jarmin Wondering the same thing, only been one day since scheduled release, might take a day or two more from what I understand. Waiting patiently for this update for what seems like forever, hopefully it doesn't get pushed back again!

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone!
We have currently postponed the Android M update for the HTC One M8 & M9. There have been a few hiccups that we are working with the OEM to fix before launch. We will update the schedule as soon as we have an ETA.

[ Edited ]
Friendly Neighbour

The most frustrating thing, in my opinion, is not waiting for the Android updates, it's the difficulty with finding a straight (and reliable) answer from Telus. Even on this very page, posts are not in any identifiable order (certainly not chronological). But yeah...why should a telecommunications company be expected to excel at, um, communicating...? Surely carriers have more insight from manufacturers than Telus is sharing with its customers.

Connector

Looking forward to the g4 android m update. Hopefully its on schedule for feb. 1